To send more photos to me than is convenient in an email, you can use the file upload feature
that I have installed on this website. It's easy to use and will allow you to send me any photos that you
would like me to have or that I need to post.
Here are the instructions on how to do that.
- You need to know the URL (address) of my Photo Upload tool, which I will send to you if you ask me for it
(when you get it - bookmark it so you can find it again).
- Load all of your photos onto your PC or Mac from your camera (or iPad, etc).
- Cull them!
- If you want captions on your photos (which are really helpful to viewers), change the file names, for
example from "IMG-9023.jpg" to "Janes sixth birthday party.jpg".
- Open your browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc) and select the bookmark for my Photo Upload
- In the box labled "New subfolder? Name:", type in any file name that you like - it doesn't matter what you
use as long as it's different from the last time you did it!
- Click the Browse button and find the photos that you'd like to send me. You can select one or a
group and then click "open".
- When you have done that, another browse button shows up so that you can do the same thing for the second
photo or group of photos - and so on until you've finished (I have set a limit of 15 to the number of
photos you can upload at one time so that things don't take too long - particularly when a mistake
- When you have entered the pointers to all the photos that you'd like to send, click on "Begin Upload" (if
there are more than 15 photos, it won't work, so check before you click).
- When the upload is complete, you get a short report and, if you need it, a button that allows you to
send another batch of photos by going through the process again.
Send me an email that you have sent me some photos (this tool doesn't let me know that you've done that) with
instructions about what you'd like done with them (a title, subject, when they were taken - that kind of
As soon as I can, I'll add your photos to the proper website (in a slideshow if
appropriate) and broadcast a message that they can now be seen.
If you have any difficulties with this process, call or write me.